OFSTED SUCCESS FOR FGS!
Flixton Girls School was visited and inspected by Ofsted at the beginning of March 2014.
As you know, our school has made tremendous progress over recent years and as you will see from the national performance tables, we are one of the very top performing high schools in Trafford.
We are proud to report OFSTED found that: "The school's leadership is outstanding"...that "Attitudes to learning are good and students work hard. They are fiercely proud of their school, come well prepared for lessons, enjoy taking part" and that they make "excellent progress" in both English and Mathematics. "Parents are confident that the school provides a safe environment for their children." These are just a few of the excellent outcomes and findings. Below is a selection of quotes that we are very pleased to share.
We are extremely proud of the school and the achievements of the girls and the staff. As a school we are very ambitious and determined to strive for our personal best at all times and in the verbal feedback meeting the lead inspector reported that FGS is 'on the cusp of outstanding'.
We can report that, even though the inspection criteria are now much tougher, we have been judged as 'good' with outstanding features.
We are extremely confident that had the inspection been carried out a matter of weeks later we would have been deemed outstanding. We hope you enjoy reading the following highlights from the report.
COMMENTS ON STUDENTS
- Students are fiercely proud of their school.
- Students make excellent progress in English and mathematics.
- Students' results are well-above national figures.
- Attitudes to learning are good and students work hard.
- They are polite, friendly and respectful towards adults and each other. They wear their uniform with pride.
- Students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding.
- Students have many opportunities to take on leadership roles in school, such as prefects, house captains, sports captains, librarians and membership of the school council. This helps develop their self-confidence.
- Students' safety is outstanding. The excellent care that students receive keeps them safe. The school's work to keep students safe and secure is outstanding
COMMENTS ON TEACHING AND HOW THE SCHOOL IS RUN
- Students were observed being inspired by teacher's skilled use of resources resulting in outstanding progress.
- The school's leadership is outstanding.
- The school is very strongly led by a committed and passionate Headteacher. The Headteacher, with the effective support of other leaders, is highly effective in driving the school forward and raising standards.
- Relationships between students and teachers are warm and respectful.
- Teachers set students challenging tasks.
- ...inspectors saw innovative use of learning technologies.
- The school's sports specialism is used well to involve and inspire students to reach their full potential both personally and academically.
- Governance of the school is very effective. Governors are ambitious to improve the school
You can download pdf of the report below.
You can also contact the school on 0161 912 2949 to request a paper copy of the report.