- Achievement for All
- House System & Form Tutors
- Support for Learning
- Behaviour Expectations
- Praise & Rewards
- Equipment & Personal Belongings
- Outward Bound
- D of E
- The School Day
- Dining at FGS
- Student Voice
- Home and School in Partnership
- Keeping Parents Involved
- Wellbeing at FGS
- Severe Weather Procedures
Severe Weather Procedures
The decision to close the school unexpectedly will not be taken lightly. In all cases we will seek to avoid a school closure unless it is absolutely necessary.
The aim will be to maintain a service to parents and pupils for as long as is reasonably practical. The safety of the children and staff will be priority.
Once the decision to close the school has been made by the Headteacher the following procedures will be implemented:
• Parents will be informed of the closure by SMS text message, if possible by 8:00am
• The school website will display an information message
• The school closure will be posted on the Key 103 radio website http://www.key103.co.uk/school-closures/
• Information of the closure will be included on the Trafford Council Website www.trafford.gov.uk/schoolclosures
If the closure lasts for more than one day, a further text message will be sent to parents.Please check the school website as this will be updated regularly.