- Achievement for All
- House System & Form Tutors
- Support for Learning
- Behaviour Expectations
- Praise & Rewards
- Equipment & Personal Belongings
- Outward Bound
- D of E
- The School Day
- Dining at FGS
- Student Voice
- Home and School in Partnership
- Keeping Parents Involved
- Wellbeing at FGS
- Severe Weather Procedures
A basic element of education is self-discipline, as are the ability to meet expected standards of personal presentation and to produce work of a high quality. The development of excellent organisational and time management skills are keys to success in both academic qualifications and future working life. Our aim is to be consistent in our approach throughout the year and we do expect high standards at all times, undertaking uniform and equipment checks on a regular basis. If you have any queries regarding your daughter's uniform, planner use or academic target setting, please do not hesitate to contact her Form Tutor in the first instance.
The wearing of a school uniform encourages students to have a sense of pride and belonging as well as reinforcing the high standards established within the local community. Our school uniform has been has been designed to be smart, traditional and affordable.
- To ensure all students are well presented demonstrating a sense of pride and reinforcing high standards of appearance.
- To ensure all students are smartly presented and prepared for learning
- To ensure all students are equal in terms of appearance
- To provide smart, affordable clothing in keeping with the school's mission
- To reflect high standards.
In choosing FGS parents are making a commitment to ensure that their daughter wears the uniform correctly. The list is provided as a supplement to the handbook and makes clear all compulsory and optional items and indicates where the items may be purchased. The school provides items directly from the manufacturer ensuring the lowest possible prices. However, the school is able to offer flexible payments to help parents spread the cost.
All items should be clearly labelled with the name of the owner.
If a student comes to school without the proper uniform (e.g. wearing boots, wrong type of trousers or without a jacket), she may be withdrawn from classes and parents will be contacted. Persistent refusal to comply with the uniform policy may result in the student being excluded from school. Please note:
- Makeup and nail varnish/false nails are not permitted
Retainers in piercings are NOT allowed
- All hair should be neatly tied back with plain black hair bands. Unnatural coloured/peroxide, dipped dyed and streaked hair or shaved/short clipped, fashion styles are not appropriate.
Please see the uniform order form below for details of sizes and prices of the items that can be purchased all year round via our Uniform Shop. To order, please visit www.parentpay.com, make the appropriate payment and use the notes field to list items and sizes being ordered. Uniform Shop is open for collection of items or for trying on if required each Wednesday in term-time from 3.00 until 4.00pm.