Careers Information Advice & Guidance
CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) by definition is a means designed to prepare students for life in modern Britain by providing the knowledge, understanding, confidence and skills that they need to make informed choices and plans for their future learning and career.
The Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) is a means of providing all our young people with personalised support on learning and work pathways such as GCSE/A Levels, Traineeships, Apprenticeships and Employment with training especially with Year 9 options and Post 16 destinations. Through careers information and guidance our students will receive support on other key issues that impact on their ability to develop and progress for instance personal health and wellbeing. The school are working towards fully achieving the Gatsby principals.
Your role in our school CEIAG programme as a teachers or school staff member is...
- To provide students with opportunities to discover and learn about careers and employability, engage with the wider business community and with employers inside and outside of the classroom.
- To link schemes of learning with the world of work, to discuss experiences, skills development and progression with students and help signpost them to the careers guidance team.
Your role in our school CEIAG programme as a student is...
- To engage with CEIAG events and learning opportunities, ask questions, research and discover all they can about future opportunities.
- To attend one to one interviews with the Connexions adviser in key stage 4. To make use of the drop in opportunities at break and lunch times. Each student will have the opportunity to meet with the Connexions Career Adviser (A young person’s service providing advice, information, guidance, support and personal development for all 13-19 year olds in Trafford) at key decision points.
Your role in our school CEIAG programme as a parents or carers is...
- To be aware of the CEIAG calendar and engage in the events and discussions about careers, progression and opportunities.
- To use the CEIAG resources listed on the website to support their young person in making key decisions and to contact the team with any questions or concerns.
Your role in our school CEIAG programme as an employers or member of the wider community...
We are keen to engage with employers and the wider community to support our delivery of CEIAG. If you could support the school either by helping with an event at the school, by offering a visit at your place of work or by offering work experience we would love to hear from you. Any inquiries should be sent to our Careers Co-ordinator Mrs Irene Bates at Irene.Bates@vantageacademies.co.uk. You can view our Provider Access Policy here.
Our principles for good quality, impartial CEIAG...
• All students are empowered to plan and manage their own futures.
• CEIAG responds to the needs of each learner.
• Students receive comprehensive information and advice.
• All students are given opportunities to raise their aspirations.
• CEIAG actively promotes equality of opportunity and challenges stereotypes.
• All students are helped to progress.
Flixton Girls School Careers Staff
Parent or Carer?
Use the button below to visit our parent/carer careers hub, where you will find various information that will help advise and guide your daughter through their next steps.
Use the button below to visit the student’s careers hub, where you will find various information that will help advise and guide you through your next steps.
Use the button below to visit the employer careers page, where you will find various information that will help advise and guide you through your next steps.